Terms and Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions for Harvington House
Your booking at Harvington House is subject to the following terms and conditions which should be read carefully:
All Guests, by making a booking, agree to these terms and conditions and agree to be personally liable for all amounts arising from their stay.
1. Credit or debit card details are required for all bookings. All reservations require a non-refundable deposit of £40 per person at the time of booking – longer bookings require a greater deposit. Final settlement may be made by credit or debit card/cash.
2. Should you cancel your booking within 2 weeks of arrival or fail to arrive, your booking may be subject to the full cost of the accommodation, unless the proprietors are able to re-let the room for the duration of the original booking. We will endeavour to re-let accommodation which has been cancelled but there are times when it will not be possible to do so, especially if cancelled at short notice. If the room is re-let then the charge will be reduced for each day we are able to re-let. An administration cost to arrange this will also be charged.
3. Can we please draw your attention to the fact that a confirmed booking, either written OR verbal, constitutes a binding contract. For your own protection and peace of mind, may we recommend that the appropriate insurance is taken out?
4. All bookings are made on a room rate basis, therefore any reduction in the party number will still require full payment.
5. We can be flexible with our check in time within reason. Please arrange an arrival time at the time of booking.
6. Check out time on the day of departure is by 10.00am. Arrangements may be able to be made for later check out times.
7. All members of a group booking and type of rooms they will occupy should be provided for the proprietors no later than seven days before arrival.
8. It is essential that each member of a group booking understands that either cancellation or failure to arrive will incur fees as specified in Paragraphs 1 and 2.
9. It is the responsibility of the group organiser (the person booking the accommodation) to ensure all group members are aware of our Terms and Conditions and that payment is made to the proprietors in the event of any cancellation or failure to arrive by any member of their group.
10. Guests must be aware that they are liable for any damage or breakages and are responsible for the cost of replacement or repair and resultant loss of income in full for any significant damage or breakage. Significant damage includes soiling of bedding, mattresses, carpets and curtains.
11. Guests should report any faults or damage in their room immediately they occur. Faults or damage found in the room after the guests’ departure will be deemed to have been caused by the guest and will subject to the conditions specified in Paragraph 10.
12.Harvington House is subject to the law against smoking in enclosed public places. Smoking or vaporing on our premises is illegal. Guests who smoke or vapor on the premises will be asked to leave immediately and will be liable for the full cost of their stay up to the time of departure. In addition, an excess of £100 to cover the additional cost of deep cleaning and any further resultant loss of income may be charged.
13. If guests come in late we request that they show consideration to other guests who may already be sleeping.
14. Hot food and takeaway meals must not be eaten in the rooms. Arrangements may be made with the proprietors for use of the dining room.